The JSTPL uses Samim Noor plagiarism software to safeguard other scholars' rights and to avoid the copying of intellectual works. It adheres to publishing ethical standards by complying with, but not limited to, the Iranian Law on Preventing and Combating Fraud in Scientific Works and the Committee on Publication Ethics' regulations (COPE).
Authors of manuscripts that clearly demonstrate scientific misconduct (including but not limited to plagiarism), after notifying all authors and providing them with a one-time defense opportunity, will be included in the Journal's Black List. As a result, any subsequent submissions by any of those authors will be ignored. Additionally, the Iranian Ministry of Science, Research, and Technology (MSRT) will be notified of the situation. Authors of manuscripts that demonstrate scientific misconduct to a lesser extent will be added to the Journal's Gray List while receiving a warning and a one-time defense opportunity. These cases should be justified as "unawareness" or "ignorance," and the severity and breadth of the ethics violation should be minimal. The subsequent works by these authors will be scrutinized for compliance with research and publication ethics. If the authors' research ethics are breached again, they will be removed from the Gray List and placed on the Black List.
Accordingly, the authors and members of the journal's editorial board (managing director, publisher, board members, internal manager, typesetter) are subject to the rules of the journal and the ethical charter, including:
1. Intellectual, literary, and artistic property laws must be observed by the quarterly, and individuals' rights are protected at the time of publication.
2. Decisions about papers are made regardless of gender and racial, local, religious, and political beliefs.
3. The authors' personal information must be protected by all persons who have access to it at all times.
4. Reviewers duties:
- Contribute to editorial board decision
- Reviewers help the editor and other members of the editorial board review the accuracy of the material and the scientific merit of the articles. Also, reviewers consult with the authors of the articles in order to enhance paper consistency.
- Speed: The reviewers notify the editor about the outcome immediately after the initial review.
- Data security:The information found in the papers should be considered confidential to readers, and they will strive to keep it.
- Reviewing by presenting scientific and transparent documents and arguments: Review papers should be based on adequate evidence and empirical documentation. By quarterly scheme, a referee submits his / her comments and materials to the editor in writing. Reviewers do not make conclusions based on unscientific views.
- Paying attention to the sources used in the papers: Bibliographic material and analysis findings included in the paper should be collected in the section on references, and the reviewers should take caution.
- Lack of reviewing papers for personal reasons
5. Duties of authors:
- Providing scientific and standard manuscripts
- Authors should prepare their papers scientifically and coherently, according to the quarterly standards and writing instructions. The data is reported correctly. Through a full citation, the rights of other individuals are respected in the paper. Sensitive and immoral, racial and religious issues, false and inaccurate information, and translation without mentioning its source are avoided.
- Providing raw data in case of need
- The author may be asked to provide raw data, interviews, questionnaires, and other research tools. Public access to this information helps to improve the performance of articles.
- The originality of the presented article
- The papers submitted by the authors must present the findings of their own work, and the use of other research is forbidden without referencing the source.
- Avoiding dual submission and publication. Writers do not resubmit approved papers to the quarterly in other journals and conferences. The corresponding author is the person who has played a significant role in designing and developing the paper, and other authors are also mentioned as collaborators in the article. Make sure there are no names other than the authors of the article. Furthermore, all authors should read the paper and agree to submit it.
- Funding report:The authors must submit all funding resources for their article.
- Reporting major errors in articles:If the author finds any mistakes or inaccuracies in his or her article, they will inform and correct or withdraw the quarterly report.
6. Peer review process: The journal follows a double blind peer review process where reviewers are unknown for author and vice versa. Authors should maintain the confidentiality of the assessment process and not disclose their names to the reviewers, and vice versa. For example, there should be no self-disclosure details in the article so the referee can recognize the author.