Becoming a scientific reference of governance and public policy of the country by leveraging science, technology and innovation to finally give effective and feasible policy and management solutions
- Promote innovative approaches to public policy and governance
- Educate and inform the public on the importance of science, technology, innovation, and research in public policy and governance
- Promote evidence-based public policy
- Encourage the use of evidence-based public policy
- Recognize the policy processes and structures governing major sectors in Iran and the MENA region
- Evaluate the government's policies in a variety of fields
- Comprehend policy methodology, including methods and models for doing problem research, formulating policies, implementing policies, conducting policy analysis, and conducting policy evaluation
- Case study and examination of the country's policy experiences (including policy on megaprojects, industrial policy, development programs, public organizations, executive programs of the government, governance system and structure, and policy processes, etc.
- Promote and explain concepts connected to science, technology, innovation, research, as well as the policies that govern them
- Explain various approaches to management and policy-making of science, technology, research and innovation, as well as their advantages and disadvantages.
- Investigate the connection and interdependence of science, technology, innovation, and society from sociological, economic, cultural, historical, and philosophical viewpoints.
- Research the global evolution of science, technology, and industry, with a particular emphasis on MENA countries
- Examination of the country's historical developments in science, technology, and industrial policy
- Contribute to a better understanding of the country's ecosystem and scientific, research, educational, industrial, and technological institutions, including universities, research institutes, industrial businesses, government and public institutions, labs, accelerators, and funds
- Examine spatial and place-based policies and methods, including those at the regional, local, municipal, urban, and rural levels
- Conduct study on the relationship between religion and public policy; on the relationship between religion and science, technology, and innovation; on the relationship between religion and development; and on Quranic research in the aforementioned areas
- Make specific feasible policy recommendations for the country
- Provide timely policy remarks on the country's current concerns
- Contribute to the resolution of the country's policy challenges
- Indigenous theorizing on the bidirectional relationship between "public policy" and "science, technology, research, and innovation," including the effectiveness, change, and implications of policy, as well as policy entrepreneurship
- Discuss knowledge-based development policies and concepts